I haven’t heard from anyone in a while on additional issues or bugs with the current version of wp-gift-cert(0.9.4). If you are having problems or have identified issues or bugs in the current release please contact me direct via the contact form on this site or through the WordPress.org Forums. As it looks like things are pretty much stable my mind is turning towards the first stable release (v1.0). I am continuing to squash little bugs as I see them in the code but am also focusing on adding some requested features.
Here is the list so far, get your suggestions in soon as I am hoping to have this first stable release out in January.
WP Printable Gift Cert – Version 1.0
- Make address optional for the order page (Complete)
- Add International currency support (Testing)
- Australian Dollar
- Canadian Dollar
- Great Britain Pound
- New Zealand Dollar
- Add ability to export sold certificate data to CSV (Complete)
- Add additional CSS / Restructure Cert Button Displays (Complete)
- Add option to disable included CSS (Complete)
- Add option for Custom Return Page (Complete)
- Add shortcode option to display cert button only, allows for custom display of cert information. button_only=”TRUE” (Complete)
- Upgrades erase all stored options and buttons — FIXED —
- Buttons displayed using shortcodes appear above post text, regardless of position. –FIXED —
- CSS Failing to load when Shortcode is first item on a page –Fixed–
- Certificate Amounts with Commas showing as INVALID –Fixed–
- Recipient name Field was editable during Review –Fixed–
- Order Processing Form was displayed multiple times when short codes were placed in a post on an index page. –Fixed–
For Future Development —
- Create PDF attachment for Certificate instead of html table / email
- Create Admin Integration so logged in users can immediately mark the certificate as redeemed when the code is scanned
- Add Option to set user level that can manage certificates (currently it is editor or above).
- Add options to customize the look of the certificate (pretty it up)
- Add support for other payment solutions, i.e. Google Checkout, Authorize.net
- Redirect IPN Default response back to main blog page instead of showing an error.
- Add notification to admin panel showing e-mail was successfully, or not so successfully re-sent.
- Add panel to allow admins to edit details of the sold gift certificates (e-mail only??)
It isn’t a very long list but I am certainly open to suggestions. Let me know what you think?